Changes To Podcasting Are Just Getting Started
How to stay updated without driving yourself crazy. I hope?
The changes we've seen thus far this year are just the tip of the iceberg. That's the way change works: always constant and often increasing. This is the hockey stick your mother warned you about.
So how does someone like you, the working podcaster, stay up on all those changes? Well, you've already made the smart move of listening to this program on a 4x-a-week basis. But assuming you want to go beyond that:
- James Cridland's Podnews.net should be in your inbox every day. Or listen to the short podcast version if you like. If it's new, important, and about podcasting, James covers it.
- Podcast Business Journal is a relatively new industry-specific online magazine staffed by luminaries in the industry who provide context and insight. Sure, it's a little "inside baseball", but that's kind of the point.
- There are legion other podcast-focused newsletters. The Bello Collective and Skye Pillsbury's Inside Podcasting
- Subscribe to every other show that podcasts about the same kind of stuff you podcast about. Yes, all of them. (I subscribe to 26 other PAPs -- podcasts about podcasting.)
- Get involved with those same people and start collaborating. Because podcasting isn't a zero-sum game.
If you're serious about podcasting, you'll find time to stay updated on the vast changes coming. I hope those tips help.