Remember when I said that podcasting would never get any easier? Well... what if I was wrong?
While I don't think an army of robots will take over podcasting anytime soon, there are lots of ways in which automation is already making podcasting easier. I talk about a few in this episode, like:
- Amazon Alexa's voice assistant that emulates a broadcaster's voice
- Automated content gathering tools like Paper.li that apparently never die
- Audio processing filters and software that save engineers gobs of time
- Episode distribution was born from automation (and has been extended)
- Why robots are better a placing ads that people don't hate
With those advancements come constraints. It's not easy to cross the uncanny valley, and it's often not a straight line from idea to automation. Check out the episode for my thoughts, and share you feedback with me (or the world!)
Podcast Pontifications is written and narrated by Evo Terra. He’s on a mission to make podcasting better. Allie Press proofed the copy, corrected the transcript, and edited the video. Podcast Pontifications is a production of Simpler Media.