Remember when I said that podcasting would never get any easier? Well... what if I was wrong?
While I don't think an army of robots will take over podcasting anytime soon, there are lots of ways in which automation is already making podcasting easier. I talk about a few in this episode, like:
- Amazon Alexa's voice assistant that emulates a broadcaster's voice
- Automated content gathering tools like Paper.li that apparently never die
- Audio processing filters and software that save engineers gobs of time
- Episode distribution was born from automation (and has been extended)
- Why robots are better a placing ads that people don't hate
With those advancements come constraints. It's not easy to cross the uncanny valley, and it's often not a straight line from idea to automation. Check out the episode for my thoughts, and share you feedback with me (or the world!)