Our Title sponsor
Gumball is the premier marketplace to easily and efficiently buy host-read podcast ads.
Gumball provides a transparent and modern buying platform, connecting great podcasts with the best advertisers. Gumball takes away all the logistical headaches for podcasters and advertisers alike by managing inventory schedules, providing easy and consistent ad script instructions, easy aircheck uploading, and ensuring payments are made in a timely fashion. Best of all, Gumball takes pride in offering the most podcaster-friendly terms as a standard, meaning more money directly flowing to the podcaster as it should be!
If your show is pulling down more than 10,000 downloads per episode, you owe it to yourself to talk to Gumball at Gumball.fm to see how they can help you make even more money with your podcast. That’s Gumball.fm. And tell ‘em Evo sent you.
There are plenty of myths that keep tripping up new podcasters, and they just won't die. (The myths, not the podcasters.) To help with that, here's a list of old and busted myths, like:
- Stop worrying about "New & Notable"
- Reviews DO NOT impact rankings
- Stop spamming social communities
- Promo swaps are as effective as commercials (and you skip those, right?)
Instead of those things, do these things:
- Work hard to bring value to another (more popular) show as a guest
- Do smart PR with influencers in your vertical
- Make your website not suck
- Get real people to share a testimonial with THEIR network
Simple stuff. Yet most new podcasters get it all wrong.