You've Launched Your Podcast. Now What?
Battling four myths of podcast launch with better ideas that will achieve results.
There are plenty of myths that keep tripping up new podcasters, and they just won't die. (The myths, not the podcasters.) To help with that, here's a list of old and busted myths, like:
- Stop worrying about "New & Notable"
- Reviews DO NOT impact rankings
- Stop spamming social communities
- Promo swaps are as effective as commercials (and you skip those, right?)
Instead of those things, do these things:
- Work hard to bring value to another (more popular) show as a guest
- Do smart PR with influencers in your vertical
- Make your website not suck
- Get real people to share a testimonial with THEIR network
Simple stuff. Yet most new podcasters get it all wrong.