There are plenty of myths that keep tripping up new podcasters, and they just won't die. (The myths, not the podcasters.) To help with that, here's a list of old and busted myths, like:
- Stop worrying about "New & Notable"
- Reviews DO NOT impact rankings
- Stop spamming social communities
- Promo swaps are as effective as commercials (and you skip those, right?)
Instead of those things, do these things:
- Work hard to bring value to another (more popular) show as a guest
- Do smart PR with influencers in your vertical
- Make your website not suck
- Get real people to share a testimonial with THEIR network
Simple stuff. Yet most new podcasters get it all wrong.